The gif is called, “Benham’s disk" "is named after the English toymaker Charles Benham, who in 1895 sold a top painted with the pattern shown. When the disk is spun, arcs of pale color, called Fechner colors or pattern-induced flicker colors (PIFCs), are visible at different places on the disk. Not everyone sees the same colors."
"The phenomenon originates from neural activity in the retina and spatial interactions in the primary visual cortex, which plays a role in encoding low-level image features, such as edges and spatiotemporal frequency components."
Fascinating how our brains work, I see a brown tan, what do you see? :D
Q: What about Subaru-kun & Hokuto-chan’s parents? Are they alive?
A: They are alive, but they aren’t particularly relevant to the story which is why they don’t make an appearance.
[Source: CLAMP News 9, translated by me]
Doesn’t mean they can’t have a tiny cameo in X though, eh? The above picture being from volume 9, when Subaru’s telling baby angstcoma!Kamui about how his wish must be hurting the people who love him.
Bonus speculation: the placement of (I’m guessing family) crests on Subaru’s probably!mum’s kimono means that there are five crests on it in total. The more crests on a kimono, the more formal it is, the maximum being five, so this is a super-formal kinda deal. The kind of thing you’d wear at, say, weddings or funerals of close relatives mostly these days, I think? & that sure doesn’t look like a wedding judging by their facial expressions, so my headcanon now dictates that this image is from Hokuto’s funeral. There may well be other occasions or reasons why you’d wear a kimono with five crests - I’ve not studied this stuff in a super-huge amount of depth so if I’m reading into things completely wrong then please do let me know ;w;
But yes THIS HAS BEEN A POST ABOUT SUBARU & HOKUTO’S PARENTS, ALSO THE FACT THAT THEY EXIST & THAT WE SEE THEM BRIEFLY. As you were.
Skeleton project: a human and a cartoon character #art #college #skeleton #mokana #tsubasachronicles #clamp #manga
clamp fairytale AUs
- kurofai steadfast tin soldier
- douhimawata faithful john come on come on
- urashima taro with tohru and saya mostly because mermaids
- red ridinghood seisub??????????? is this not like. obvious??????
- there is also a fun homoerotic fox spirit story from pu song ling’s strange tales collection that works well for seisub ngl
- east of the sun & west of the moon with gingetsu and ran tbh except with technopath metaphors instead of shapeshifting and baroque urban hellscape instead of tundra etc etc
- taketori monogatari with kokuyo and hisui
- cupid & psyche with angsty c!sakura searching desperately for disappeared c!syaoran
- clamp has already done a yuki onna collection true but please consider arashi as a yuki onna
- völund the smith except less horrific but you could do the first half as a basic swan maiden parable involving suu and kazuhiko in fact just ALL THE SWAN MAIDEN STORIES FOR SUU apart from the bit where suu is agender in my head but “SWAN MAIDEN” IS AN ARCHIVAL CATEGORY NOT A GENDER IMPOSITION just roll with me here
- RAPUNZEL SOUMA/KENDAPPA
It’s a cute moment when you realise that in Japan family members often sleep together, with the child in the centre. Guess who the parents are here ^^
It may be unintentional, but come on - this is Clamp!
sit up straight then reblog this so your followers sit properly too you’re welcome
President Barack Obama at the White House Correpondents’ Dinner.
OBAMA HAS TOTALLY STOPPED GIVING A FUCK AND IT’S THE GREATEST THING I’VE EVER SEEN
this shit was brutal
If he wasn’t the President he would make a killer stand-up comedian